Friday, June 26, 2009

Additional Preview cards for "The Journey"




These are two more cards I made with my preview set "The Journey". The truck was stamped with Black Memento black ink then watercolored using Peerless Watercolors then cut out. The scene was created by masking and sponging on the clouds, road, and grass. The grass stamp from the set was then used as well as one of the trees from Gina's "Tree Silhouettes" added in the background. The frames were cut out using Label I Nestabilities and the verse is also cut out with a Nestabilities tag.




The door was stamped with Black Memento ink and colored using colored pencils and OMS. The frames were then cut with the Classic Rectangle Nestabilities. For the background, I used a piece of Gina's new Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight "Soft Sand" card stock and layered a piece of designer paper on the lower portion. The border across the middle was cut using a Martha Stewart border punch then embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. Black brads, also from Gina K Designs, were used to complete the card.

I hope you have had time to go to GinaK Designs and check out all the new stamp sets. Link is on my sidebar. Thanks for visiting my blog.


2 comments:

Dianna said...

Selma,

I love both of these cards. The one with the truck makes such a great car for the men in your lives, so that would be a set I would really consider purchasing. And then once again the card with the door has such a good message.

Great job again Selma

Dianna

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, your cards are adorable. What guy wouldn't like that truck?
Great job!!!

Joan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails