Tuesday, May 5, 2009
This card was made for a Piercing Challenge on StampTV. Again, I used one of my favorite stamp sets, A Year of Flowers by Melanie. I used the Scor-Bug (purchased from GinaK Designs) to create the piercing along the left side of the card. This is such a great little tool because you use it with your Scor-Pal and just run it along the grooves to keep a perfectly straight line. If you turn the card stock over, it looks like embossed dots. The frame was made with Nestabilities. Before taking the white piece out of the Nestability, I used my Scor-Pal to create the grid then chalked it. This left the embossed border around the frame. I used Craft White ink and Detail Clear embossing powder to stamp the roses. To color I used Pretty In Pink and Barely Banana reinkers to watercolor the roses and Certainly Celery and Almost Artichoke ink on the leaves. I forgot to mention I used Garden Green Craft ink to stamp the leaves. I pierced the scallops on both frames. The frames and the roses are all on dimensional tape. Rhinestones were used on the four corners.